DOES FLATADS SUPPORT RTL (RIGHT-TO-LEFT)?
The theme has RTL language support, but it wasn’t tested, because we haven’t had proper environments to do that. It’s better to assume at this stage that the theme doesn’t support RTL.
CAN THE FLATADS THEME BE USED AND TRANSLATED WITH WPML (WORDPRESS MULTILINGUAL PLUGIN)?
It is multi-language ready, but we don’t guarantee that it will work perfectly, because you depend on the translation files available for download. We don’t provide translations. You can install the WPML plugin and have the site translated using the WPML plugin. If there are any words that remain in English, please let us know so we could check if they are missing from the translation files. The theme has .mo and .po files included for any language translation here is an URL with instructions on how to do it: http://www.solostream.com/blog/tutorials/translate-wordpress-theme/
SEARCH USING ONLY THE LOCATION AND/OR CATEGORY/SUBCATEGORY DOESN’T WORK?
The issue is related to the WordPress search which doesn’t work if there is no keyword entered. You must enter at least one letter in the text field in order for the search to work. The Category and Location fields will filter the results that the search will find by the selected Category/subcategory and/or Location selected by the user.
WHY THE THEME ON MY SITE DOESN’T SHOW AS IN THE DEMO?
The FlatAds theme has different settings and display options for pages like Homepage, Ad details page, Contact page. Please check the General settings page to change the display mode for the pages you wish to change.
CAN YOU MAKE A CHANGE I WANT WHICH FLATADS THEME DOESN’T HAVE AT THE MOMENT?
Unfortunately we do not make customized changes to the theme, but you have other options like: making the changes yourself or hiring someone to make the desired changes to your theme or wait for the change to appear in one of the future updates of FlatAds theme.
THE FEATURED ADS DON’T WORK OR ARE NOT DISPLAYED?
Please read more about the issue in our knowledge base article “Featured Ads” slider not working (ver. 1.4)
HOW TO UPDATE THE THEME SO I DON’T LOSE MY INFORMATION AND MY CUSTOM CHANGES?
Please follow the guides mentioned in this link: Theme Update Guide
WHY IS THERE AN ERROR DISPLAYED WHEN I TRY TO BUY A PRICING PLAN WITH PAYPAL?
There are a few issues with Paypal that are caused mostly by some wrong settings:
– The currency in the Paypal setting is different than the currency your Paypal account is and in this case you should fix this by selecting in the PayPal settings from the site’s dashboard the currency your PayPal account is set up in
– The price is written in a wrong format, then you should write the price of your pricing plan only in digits and do not include any currency symbols or texts and also if the price is not a whole number, then you should indicate that using a dot and not commas (example: 4.50 is correct, 4,50 is wrong)
Sometimes there is needed to refresh the pricing plan or the Paypal data from the settings. Deleting the pricing plans and adding new pricing plans has helped on some occasions. Also generating new API password and API signature helped getting over some of the most frequent errors met from Paypal.
- To get the PayPal API credentials please follow the link: https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/api/apiCredentials/
- In case you’ve set custom fields for a category and didn’t setup any other specific custom fields for its subcategories, automatically the parent category custom fields will reflect for subcategories too. Let’s say for Vehicles you’ve created new custom fields likeMake, Model and Year. Automatically for subcategories the same custom fields are set (which is quite logic and practical). In case you want other fields for a specific subcategories, all you have to do is specify the custom fields after you select the subcategory.
To setup custom fields, go to Dashboard > Categories Custom Fields. Choose the desired category / subcategory and start adding fields by clicking the Add new custom field button. Don’t leave empty fields.
- In order to enable your Paid Featured Ads you have to setup your pricing plans, setup your PayPal settings and enable theFeatured Ads from the theme options:
Also, read about the Regular and Paid Ads.
Note: In case your are making an Ad featured from the wp-admin, it doesn’t work correctly as a featured ad and because of this the Featured Ads slider isn’t working. Only paid ads are working correctly, as it should, appearing in the designated website’s areas for featured ads.
- Regular and Premium Ads
FlatAds supports user Ads submission from front-end and if you are the admin, you can add them from the back-end as standard posts.
There are two type of ads: regular and featured.
For featured ads the user will need to buy a price plan. The spots for featured ads are above the regular on homepage, category page, archive page, search page and on sidebar. The featured ads will become regular when the period of time from price plan will end. The latest ad will be shown first (in both categories: featured and regular). The user can convert a regular ad into a featured one by simply editing it and selecting a price plan that he has bought.
Please note that in order to publish ads, users have to be logged in (this is why they are redirected to the login page if they are not logged in). So you have to let users register on your WordPress site. To do that, Go to Settings > General and on the Membership, check the Anyone can register option.
Regular Ads never expire.
Featured Ads expire at the end of the period, in case you’ve setup your pricing plans related to a period of time. They become Regular Ads after that with no expiration. In case your pricing plans are unit related (you don’t specify the time period, but only the number of featured ads per package), they don’t expire. They are featured for an endless period of time.
- Theme’s Options setup http://www.themesdojo.com/article/themes-options-setup/
Theme support is offered to verified customers by forum only. Support requests made by email, tweet or any other method will be redirected back to the forum.
- FlatAds 664
- JobsDojo 39
- eClassy 6
- BarDojo 12
- ArchiDojo 0
- BePortfolio 7
- PlacesDojo 13
- TravelDojo 18
- P Dojo 2
- BioFolio 1
- Fubix 10
- TS 1
- Regular 12
- BeAwesome 14
- ResumeDojo 13
- WPJobus 1,211
- WPCook 22
- Event 158
- EstateMLS 32
- Wagazine 24
- Pinty 24
- EventBuilder 1,056
- ListingBuilder 42
- WPLiveDojo 44
- WPShotsDojo 3
- BeDojo 17
- ClassyAds 62
- Car Dojo 0